Tampa Bay TechHire provides FREE accelerated training and paid work experience opportunities to young adults in high-growth industries and occupations critical to the regional economy – healthcare and information technology. Training includes tuition, lab and certification fees.
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 29; and
- Unemployed or underemployed.
- Additional eligibility requirements apply.
Please see the below links for additional information regarding training programs (subject to availability):
- Hillsborough County School District – Erwin Technical College
- Hillsborough Community College
- St. Petersburg College Information
- Hillsborough Community College:
- St. Petersburg College:
- University of South Florida MUMA College of Business
- CareerSource Tampa Bay: Tampa Career Center
TechHire is part of a national study to test if offering individuals skills training and extra support services helps them complete training, and find employment in middle-high skill jobs. Support services and spaces in specific trainings are limited. Eligible applicants will be chosen by a computerized selection process.
IT Training Programs
- Apple Programming
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- HTML 5/CSS3
- Java SE 8
- Marketing Web Developer
- Mobile Device Repair (Cell Phone and Tablet Repair/Mobile Device Technician)
- Mobile Applications Development
- USF TechHire Innovative Business Technology Boot Camp
- USF Java Programming Boot Camp
- Web Developer- Entrepreneur Track
- Additional certification programs based on employer demand
Healthcare Training Programs
- Medical/Clinical Lab Tech
Online Courses Available
- CompTIA A+, Network+, or Security+
- USF Java Programming or Data Analytics Boot Camp