CareerSource Pinellas' On-the-Job Training (OJT) program provides a unique opportunity for individuals who already possess some job-related skills and knowledge to "learn as they earn". By participating, employers benefit by being reimbursed up to 50% for the participant’s wages during the training period, while having the services of a full-time employee.
- Employers are reimbursed up to 50% of the wage rate of the individual for the costs associated with providing the training and increased supervision related to the training (the average reimbursement is $3,000 per hired employee training up to 10 weeks).
- OJT provides knowledge or skills essential to the full and adequate performance of the job.
- OJT focuses on jobs involving the introduction of new technologies, production or service procedures; upgrading to new jobs that require additional skills or workplace literacy; among other purposes.
- The employer can be in the public, private non-profit or private sector.
- OJT is limited in duration based upon the target occupation for which the participant is being trained, the participant’s prior work experience and the service strategy.
- Any paperwork is handled by CareerSource Pinellas staff!
Join the team of employers who have trained over 1,200 full-time employees since program inception!
Please call or email for specific OJT eligibility requirements:
Wesley Hoffman at (727) 608-2305 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a flyer of the program.