CareerSource Pinellas strives to foster Pinellas County’s economic development and delivers workforce solutions designed to meet the needs of businesses and job seekers. Driven by business demand and supported by strategic partnerships, we provide the most comprehensive workforce development services in a one-stop environment. The career centers are conveniently located throughout Pinellas County in Tarpon Springs, Clearwater, and St. Petersburg.
Your connection to Pinellas County businesses.
CareerSource Pinellas offers a full range of career-planning services for professional and entry-level candidates.
As the job marketplace gets more competitive, CareerSource Pinellas makes it easier for you to find your place among Tampa Bay region’s top talent. Whether you are an entry-level or seasoned professional, military veteran, re-entering the workforce or looking to enhance your skills for better earning power, our wide range of resources can help you land the right job. Provided at no cost to you, the centers are equipped with computers, copier and fax machines, and telephone to assist with your job search.
Job Seeker Services
- Professional Networking. Targeted for professional-level candidates, the group meets weekly to share opportunities that help you get connected to top employers and maximize your job search.
- In-house Recruitment Events connect qualified talent to hiring employers via targeted hiring events being held at various centers throughout the year. Job seekers should come prepared with résumés and in a professional attire for interviews.
- Training and Career Development
- Make yourself be more marketable to hiring employers by attending the Employability Skills Training. Provided at no cost, workshop topics include: Career Development, Career & Workplace Communication Skills, Basic Computer Skills, Résumé Development, Interviewing Skills, LinkedIn Lab, and many more.
- Occupational Skills Training
- On-The-Job Training
- Skills Upgrading
- Adult Education and Literacy Activities
- Labor Market Information. Whether researching local or state-wide labor trends, the statewide web portal – Employ Florida – can be an excellent source of information including salary and wages, fastest growing & high demand jobs, wages by industry and occupation, and many more.
CareerSource Pinellas can help leverage and support your human resources function, from recruitment and training to labor market information and business seminars.
CareerSource Pinellas provides businesses with a wide range of professional services, including:
- Employee referral and recruitment;
- Training and retraining;
- Workshops and business seminars on a variety of human resource and workforce topics;
- Labor market statistics;
- Targeted career fairs;
- Downsizing and retention support strategies;
- Tax credit information; and
- Other, customized support for a well-trained workforce.
CareerSource Pinellas develops and leads an effective, efficient and integrated business-driven workforce system, providing comprehensive and responsive services to the County’s citizens and business community.
CareerSource Pinellas seeks to work with competent vendors that will help us implement systems and programs; bolster our efforts to connect employers with qualified, skilled talent; link Floridians with employment and career development opportunities; and achieve economic prosperity. Click here learn out about opportunities to partner with CareerSource Pinellas.
CareerSource Pinellas is obligated to operate all of our programs and activities in a non-discriminatory manner.
Specifically, Section 188 of the Workforce Innovation And Opportunity Act (WIOA) and the accompanying regulations at 29 CFR Part 38 require equal opportunity (EO) in the workforce development system and prohibit discrimination in financially-assisted WIOA programs based on:
- National origin
- Gender identity
- Gender expression
- Political affiliation or belief
- Sex stereotyping
Section 188 of WIOA applies to all programs and activities offered through the workforce development system and workforce development partners, even if the principal source of financial assistance for a program or activity is a federal department or agency other than USDOL.
In addition to Section 188 of WIOA, there are many other applicable regulations and statutes including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act of 1999, Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, etc. that must uphold the non-discrimination clause contained therein.
As part of these obligations, we must publicize the name and contact information of our EO Officer. CareerSource Pinellas’ designated EO Officer and contact information is as follows:
Steve Meier, CFO & EO Officer
13805 58th St. North, Suite 2-140
Clearwater, FL 33760
Do not hesitate to contact Mr. Meier via with any questions about our non-discrimination policy.
To report any allegations of suspected fraud, waste or abuse in our programs or to file a complaint about our compliance with EO, please email Mr.Meier.
CareerSource Pinellas is proud to be partners with the following organizations to help better serve our customers:
- Pinellas Technical College
Since 1962, Pinellas Technical College (PTC) has offered students high-quality career preparation programs at its two campuses in Clearwater and St. Petersburg. PTC focuses on preparing students for immediate career-entry through over 40 exciting career areas and 60 programs. Currently, nearly 5,000 full-time students are enrolled and are part of the “Career in a Year” mindset at PTC. Each campus is individually accredited by the Council on Occupational Education and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools; plus, PTC is an alliance-member of the Commission of International and Trans-Regional Accreditation. Most PTC programs are individually-accredited or approved by one or more professional accrediting bodies and/or licensing and certification agencies, including: American Culinary Federation Education Foundation Accrediting Commission, American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation, American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, American Welding Society, Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, Florida State Board of Nursing, Florida State Board of Cosmetology, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Home Builders Institute – Residential Construction Academy, National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation, and The National Institute for Metalworking Skills.
CareerSource Pinellas uses a list of approved providers to deliver various services to eligible Pinellas County residents.