Are you interested in joining the CareerSource Pinellas team?
CareerSource Pinellas is looking for motivated, passionate individuals that want to make a positive impact in Pinellas County.
What you bring to the table:
- passion for helping others
- team player mentality
- commitment to high quality work
- positive, upbeat attitude
What we offer:
- excellent health insurance
- 401 K benefits
- an opportunity for you to make a positive impact in your community
All available positions are listed below. If you see something that suits your interests and qualifications, please apply! Please note that interested candidates will be asked to create an Employ Florida account and apply through that platform.
CareerSource Pinellas is a drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer.
This position maintains and reviews complex financial records for the operating budgets and federal grant monies, applying generally accepted accounting principles. Controls, interprets, and communicates the internal auditing or programmatic and financial/administrative monitoring operations, and provides information and guidance to the CFO and Executive Team. This position is also responsible for external audits of financial statements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s programmatic and financial/administrative monitoring operations.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s plans, programs, policies and long-range goals as a strategic partner.
- Develop and/or enhance, implement and enforce internal control policies, guidance and procedures for the financial and administrative activities of the organization that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
- Perform annual inventory of fixed assets.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Provide assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Assist in analyzing the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Ensure employees have knowledge of and comply with departmental goals, objectives, budget, established performance standards, policies and procedures.
- Oversee Accounts payable and voucher validation process.
- Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of the organization, and use that knowledge and understanding to better comprehend all contracts related to projects and programs.
- Prepare, submit and manage requests for proposals, contracts, MOU’s, training provider agreements, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
- Three to five (3-5) years of hands-on accounting and/or audit experience in non-profit or governmental programs (Workforce Development Programs including Workforce Investment Act, Welfare Transition Program, and Employment Services preferred).
- Equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
Interested? Click here to send your resume to HR and begin the application process.
This position provides training, guidance and other services to various CareerSource Pinellas customers to assure job placement and retention while meeting customer satisfaction goals. This position explains and informs customers of the various programs available at CareerSource Pinellas. Provides information and referrals for accessing community resources. In managing customer cases this position will perform data entry, making phone calls, and filing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and instruction to customers on required activities
- Instruct job applicants on job search techniques and presenting a positive image
- Assist job seekers’ skill building including resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and computer skills
- Assist customers with initial applications and orientations
- Screen customers for specific programs and services to determine eligibility
- Ensure job referrals are correctly made
- Assess customer’s activity in the programs to ensure compliance with standards
- Provide knowledge of CareerSource Pinellas programs and services
- Research and provide knowledge of other community services
- Assist customers with referrals for community services
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints
- Coordinate services with other CareerSource Pinellas departments
- Manage customer cases, enter case notes and supporting documents, and file paperwork
- Schedule appointments for customers
- Provide clerical support to operations and operational staff
- Report to the Program Coordinator and assist with program development, implementation, and accomplishment of required goals
- Contribute to the development and delivery of program orientations, Mental Toughness, leadership, and morning circle activities as needed
- Review data related to program goals daily to accomplish program and performance goals
- Show initiative in completing tasks, meeting deadlines and developing process and program improvements
- Provide information for reports related to program performance
- Perform outreach to community partners for program awareness and recruitment
- Complete objective assessments and Individual Service Strategies for each student
- Meet with students regularly to track progress toward GED, skill development, and employment goals
- Collaborate with instructors to ensure minimum disruption for participant appointments
- Assist Coordinator and Job Developer with work readiness, leadership and other workshops
- Assist with follow-up services to ensure employment retention
- Track, report, and maintain well-organized records of program related services, ensuring that all activities are documented in MIS and other systems as required
- Track daily student attendance, investigate ongoing absences, and work with students to minimize future absences
- Transport students daily to or from YouthBuild classes and activities
- Participate in Youth Council meetings and activities
- Assist with coordination of leadership activities
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Must be self-directed and have strong organizational and analytical skills
Minimum Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
- Two (2) years of customer service related experience
- Florida Workforce Professional Tier One Certification preferred