Start with the End in Mind.
Focus on STEM, Career and Workforce readiness skills.
Join us for a fun filled opportunity to earn while you learn. This year’s Summer STEM Program will run June 4- June 28, Monday-Thursday. Students will have the opportunity to learn critical thinking, communication, creativity, collaboration and develop their public speaking skills while developing a product to showcase.
What’s STEM TEC All About?
- Explore careers in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math
- Improve team building and leadership skills with “Dale Carnegie” workshop
- Learn about business planning and marketing
- Take behind the scene tours of a local company
- Visit a college campus
- Receive $400 upon completion
CareerSource Pinellas in partnership with Junior Achievement of Tampa Bay, Inc. and various other partners provides career exploration and workplace readiness training to local students between the ages of 14-17. Known as STEM TEC the program consists of hands-on workplace readiness training, teambuilding, goal setting and personal motivation, in addition to employer site visits as job shadowing experiences in STEM specific fields.
June 4 – June 28, 2019 – Camp will run 5 days per week from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. With the exception of Monday, June 3rd, no program.
Classroom activities include personal development, career assessment, career exploration, work readiness skills, entrepreneurship, computer technology and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) projects. The curriculum will include behind the scene tours to local business and educational centers.
Parents will be responsible for transportation to and from the camp. A limited amount of bus passes will be available to seated youth. On field trip days, transportation will be provided to and from campuses.
Lunch will be provided daily. We recommend that students eat breakfast, and pack snacks and/or refreshments to eat during breaks. Students are not allowed to leave the campus for lunch
Participants will be asked to wear the camp T-shirt, khaki pants, skirt, or Capri pants along with sneakers or closed toed shoes. Two (2) shirts will be provided to each student. Flip flops, slides and midriffs are prohibited.
On successful completion of the four week program (in good standing) he/she will receive a $400 incentive.
Students are eligible to apply based on meeting the following requirements.
- Must live in Pinellas County
- Student must be 14-17 years old
- Student must be currently enrolled in school with a GPA of 2.50 or higher
- Student must live in a family or household that meets at least one or more of the following criteria’s below:
- Resides in a “low-income” family, see chart below.
- Currently lives in a foster care home/facility or living with a care giver/guardian and the student receives cash assistance
- Lives with Family receiving food stamps and/or cash assistance benefits
- Eligible for Free & Reduced Lunch
LLSIL Chart Effective Date: January 11, 2019
2019 TANF Income Guidelines
To determine student’s suitability please provide the following documents with your completed application:
- STEMTEC Application forms completed and signed by student and a parent/legal guardian (see attachments)
- Proof that the student has been determined eligible for Free and Reduced Lunch
- Proof of receipt of Food Stamps or Cash Assistance, for family or just for student, if applicable
- Copy of student’s current report card or print out
- Copy of student’s birth certificate & social security card
- Copy of student’s ID card – school and/or Parent/Guardian ID
To determine the family’s financial eligibility, please provide the following:
- Proof of any type of family member’s earned income: recent paystubs, self-employment docs, if applicable
- Proof of child support, if applicable
- Proof of any type of Social Security Benefits, if applicable
- Proof of unemployment Benefits, if applicable, if applicable
- Legal proof of guardianship, if student does not live with parents
- Copy of Alien Registration Card (both sides) if student is not a US citizen
Submit your completed application and provide required documentation on or before May 24th. Below are the options for submitting your STEM TEC application.
- Documents can be mailed or dropped off at 13805 58th Street North, Clearwater, FL 33760, Attention: Kym McGee or Lysandra Montijo
- Fax documents to 813-304-2668, Attn: Maggie Haley
- Scan and email to email@example.com