Welfare Transition Program
Florida’s Welfare Transition Program (WTP) enables welfare
recipients to move from welfare to work by emphasizing
self-sufficiency and personal responsibility.
If you have not finished your orientation and other required, online updates, please sign in to CareerSource Pinellas account.
Complete orientation and online forms and acknowledgements.
Complete a countable applicant activity. Please come into a CareerSource Pinellas center that offers WTP services and ask for a Specialist to discuss and select a countable applicant activity.
If you are enrolled in a Vocational Education Program, you will need to submit an enrollment form and education timesheet (see below) for 35 hours, completed weekly, and signed by an instructor. All of the following information must be included:
Name, address and phone of the training institution
Name of training program
Beginning and end-date of the entire training program
Days and hours you attended classes
Timesheet, which will need to include instructor’s signature, title, e-mail address or phone number
If your school hours are less than the required 35-weekly-hours, then ask your CareerSouce Pinellas staff member for a secondary or additional WTP activity
Once you have completed Steps 1 and 2, CareerSource Pinellas will advise DCF that you are actively engaged in work registration. Once you meet with your Career Counselor, look for our automated communication system called SARA. SARA allows texting straight to and from your cell phone.
Now that you have finished your online orientation, as well as the required online forms and acknowledgements, you will need to visit a CareerSource Pinellas location that offers WTP services to complete the work registration process. Work registration consists of the steps listed to the right.
- Requesting Assistance for Tuition/Vocational Training through CareerSource Pinellas
- Tuition assistance is available for in-demand occupations.
- Several local training providers to choose from.
- Career assessments to assist in making the best educational choices.
- Pinellas Transportation Disadvantaged Program
Online application and information for 31-day, unlimited bus passes for qualified individuals
- Free Cell Phone through SafeLink
Online application and information for a free cell phone
Link to online 2-1-1 for customer access to services and resources in Pinellas County
- Gateway to My DCF ACCESS account
Link to your DCF ACCESS account which requires userID and password to review your case or your benefits
- CareerSource Pinellas One Stop Centers
Visit any one of our centers to receive guidance on the WTP process.
Be Microsoft certified in as little as 3 weeks!
Microsoft Office Certification builds career readiness through proven Microsoft Office skills. Here is your opportunity to earn nationally-recognized certifications in an open lab learning environment consisting of small study groups and individual attention.
- Achieve industry-recognized certifications
- Learn the computing skills companies are looking for
- Boost your workforce resume
- Incentives may be available at the start of training and upon receiving certifications
- Gain valuable experience and confidence
- Enhance your higher education prospects
- Prepare yourself for a successful future
- Employment opportunities are available upon successful completion of the certification test
Certify in these Office applications:
Income eligibility requirements apply, such as receiving TANF or SNAP benefits. For more information, please contact your CareerSource Pinellas Career Counselor at (727) 524-4344.
MOS Training is offered at these locations:
- St. Petersburg Center, 3420 8th Ave South, St. Petersburg, FL 33711
- Gulf to Bay Center 2312 Gulf to Bay Blvd, Clearwater FL 33765
If you qualify for WTP, you may qualify for free certification training. CareerSource Pinellas offers Hospitality and Microsoft Office Specialist training at its South St. Petersburg and Clearwater centers. Please contact your case manager if you are interested in enrolling in one of the training opportunities below:
Learn the skills necessary for obtaining a job in the hospitality and tourism industries. Through self-paced classes, individuals enrolled in this program have the opportunity to earn one or more of the following AHLEI certifications in less than one week.
- Guest Service
- Desk Representative
- Guest Room Attendant
- Restaurant Server
- Maintenance Employee
- Food Prep
MICROSOFT OFFICE SPECIALIST
Be Microsoft certified in as little as 3-weeks! A Microsoft Office Certification builds career readiness through proven Microsoft Office skills. Here is your opportunity to earn nationally-recognized certifications in an open-lab learning environment with small study groups and individual attention.