Face it – the real world can be overwhelming for today’s youth.
Balancing work, friends, family, money… Sometimes it’s a wonder that you’re staying afloat. And when your job – if you even have one – barely pays enough to make ends meet, the real world may be more than you signed up for.
Maybe it’s time to take a step back and ask yourself: Is this really what I want? Can I be happier doing something else? Do I have any other options?
CareerSource Pinellas is here to help find a career path that’s right for you.
Because it knows that not every career journey is the same. For some youth, hands-on training and a career in trades may sound better than going back to school or applying to college. For others, internships might be a necessity, but finding one isn’t always easy. Maybe you’re not even sure where to start when you think about beginning a career. That’s okay!
Programs & Services
CareerSource Pinellas offers a variety of services to help get you where you want to be, like:
- Career exploration – What are your strengths? What are you interested in? What kind of job do you think you would like to have? Go over these questions and more with a trained Career Counselor right by your side to help match you with something you’d actually like to do.
- Job search assistance – so you know what you want to do, but you’re not really sure one where to find an open position. CareerSource will link you to hundreds of jobs, right here in Pinellas County. Plus, staff members will help you make a resume, practice interviewing, build a LinkedIn profile or apply to jobs (not to mention access to free printing or interview-ready business clothes!)
- Tuition assistance – CareerSource Pinellas can literally pay for your classes! So what is stopping you from learning something new that will lead you to a better career where you feel empowered and happy to go to work? (Certainly not access to transportation, because CareerSource Pinellas can help pay for that, too!)
- Training opportunities – if you’re looking to beef up your skills and learn something new, CareerSource Pinellas can connect you to certification programs, hands-on training, on-the-job training and more!
- Work experience – you know that employers always want to hire someone with experience – so why not let that person be you? CareerSource Pinellas partners with local employers to pay you while you earn some work experience. Plus, this will be super helpful when applying for jobs you really like in the future, because who doesn’t want to hire someone who knows what they’re doing?
Get started today!
For more information on how you can participate, email Yvette Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org or give her a call at (727) 608-2498.
If you’re more of a face-to-face person, then come right into our centers. We have trained professionals waiting to assist you with developing a future you can be proud of. Walk-ins are welcome Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Specialty Youth Programs
If you have fresh ideas, specialized skills and are looking to land an internship, then Pinellas Intern is just for you!LEARN MORE
Earn your diploma, construction skills and $5,000. Find out how today.LEARN MORE
You have the skills, but do you have the connections to succeed? Receive guidance, support, financial assistance & more.LEARN MORE
It’s time to explore! Discover new interests and abilities while having fun and learning about STEM career possibilities.LEARN MORE
These links provide a wide range of resources, tools and guidance to assist you on reaching your full potential. Check them out, and if you have any questions or need some extra help, call or message CareerSource Pinellas on Facebook, and staff will be happy to assist you ASAP.
- ASVAB – Career Exploration Program
- Career Info Net
- Mapping Your Future
- Occupational projections (BLS)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*NET Code Connector for titles of jobs in occupational fields
- Career Interest Checklist
- A Guide to Free Career Assessments
- My Future.com
- O*NET Ability, Interest, and Work Importance Profilers
- Quintessential Careers
- Skills Profiler (CareerOneStop)
- CareerOneStop Youth Program Finder was created in response to requests for help locating services for people age 16 to 24. The Finder was designed to be used by young people on their own or by adult intermediaries. Any young adults seeking career or employment assistance can easily access it from a computer, tablet or phone. They can also search for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs and find out if they are eligible for more in-depth services. Counselors working with young adults who plan to relocate will also find it valuable to research services available in their new location.